1. Wear something flattering and sexy. No guy is going to care if you’re wearing Spring’s hottest colors or rocking a designer dress… Wear something that you not only look HOT in, but that you feel comfortable in. Those are 2 key ingredients.
2. Go out with girls. If you are with any guys, no other guy is going to come up to you. I mean, why would they?
3. Smile. If you look miserable, no one will approach you because well, you look miserable. Also, look like you’re having fun. If you look happy and act like you know you look good, others will feel the same. Confidence is contagious. Lastly, don’t look closed off. You want people to approach you… and a smile and a good laugh will seriously do the trick.
4. Make eye contact with guys you think are cute. Guys get nervous too sometimes believe it or not. They don’t want to be rejected – that would ruin their night. But if a girl flashes ‘the look’ from across the bar, they know they are destined for greatness. Sure, there IS a chance a guy will come up to you with no prior eye contact, but it helps.
5. When a guy tries to talk to you, respond. It’s awkward enough for him to talk to you. And if you make it any more awkward by 1. being awkward or 2. nodding and looking at your friends rather than engaging in conversation, he will be gone in a matter of seconds… Bathroom break? Going to get a drink? Yeah. Oh, and he won’t ‘be right back.’
6. Laugh at what he says. Even if it’s not funny. That will make you relaxed, him relaxed, and therefore your conversation relaxed (it’s all about getting him to buy you that free drink, right??).
7. If he wants to buy you a drink, say yes (even if you don’t want one – but who wouldn’t?). If you say no, that’s basically turning him down. This way the least you’ll get out of the awkward drunk bar chat is a free drink.
8. Keep eye contact with him. Socialize with others as the night goes on to show you’re not a stage 5 clinger… but don’t go to the bathroom and ‘get lost’ … unless he’s ugly, weird, or unattractive… or if you’re in a relationship.
9. Give him your number. Don’t get his. You’re not going to call him (right???). If he wants to talk to you again, he’ll call.
10. Don’t go home with him, unless all you are looking for is a one night stand. If you actually want to date someone – casually or more than that… maybe, eventually, one day (who knows) – don’t go home with him. In fact, after he gets your number, walk away and do it all again with someone else. Keep your options open!