According to PEOPLE,
Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus is engaged. Like WTF. Wasn’t she just a child star on the Disney Channel? Well, yes. In fact she was. Miley, 19, is now engaged to Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth who she has been smoking with dating for a while. Cyrus told PEOPLE, “I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam.” You are effing 19 years old. A LIFE OF HAPPINESS? I know you’re skipping the whole college thing, but act your age Miley! Go get drunk. Go make bad decisions. Go hop off your plane at LAX with a dream and a cardigan. Not a wedding dress! You, like, can’t even wear stilettos. Isn’t life supposed to be one big party in the USA… Not one big wedding?! You’re, like, 4 or 5 years younger than me. WHY? WHY AT 19? Maybe she is accepting the fact that any marriage she has will not last longer than two years because she is a celebrity, but even so… no. This is not 1920. There is need to rush into things. I mean what’s next? Selena and Justin having a kid? No thanks.
Here are 10 reasons Miley Cyrus should NOT be engaged (yet):
1. She is 19.
2. Liam is 22.
3. She is a giant pothead.
4. She is also Hannah Montana.
5. They are both busy and will have no time for each other.
6. She is daddy’s little girl. And daddy is (semi-recently) divorced.
7. If Katy Perry and Russel Brand can’t make it, no one can.
8. They were probably high when they decided to make it ‘offish.’
9. SHE IS NOT EVEN A TWENTYSOMETHING YET.
10. She’s just being Miley (AKA it will pass).
So what do you think? Will the pair make it to the wedding? Will they last longer than Kim and Kris? If they don’t last, will Miley start dating black dudes (I hope so)? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
About the Author (Author Profile)Samantha is a Boston based 20-something who owns way too many clothes and and is openly addicted to teen dramas such as Pretty Little Liars. After graduating from Ithaca College, she started up Forever Twenty Somethings, a blog-turned-online-magazine about adjusting to life after college. Now she spends her days working full-time in television and whatever free time she has managing and writing for the website.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Miley Cyrus Gets Engaged – How Long Will The Marriage Last? [POLL] | June 7, 2012
- What Happened This Year? 2012 Recap : Forever Twenty Somethings | December 31, 2012