Are you unemployed and still looking for work? Are you employed and still looking for work? Are you reading this while updating your Linkedin profile…again? Are you reading this because the blog post’s title caught your eye? Are you in your twenties?
If you even read past line two of this post then, chances are, you’re probably getting pretty depressed by your job search. Still, there’s no need to order all those expensive mood elevating pills you’ve seen in late night infomercials. Instead, just read a few of these free tips from me: an unlicensed career advisor and self proclaimed expert in handling rejection. Apply any one of these tricks for instant motivation, and I guarantee that you will land your dream job immediately.
So without further adieu, here are my top 10 ways to stay motivated and help boost your job search:
1. Chug a Red Bull
2. Chug two Red Bulls
3. Start wearing your interview clothes at all times (even while you’re sleeping!)
4. Make one of your Sims get a job (don’t deny that you still have that game!)
5. Tape your resume to the ceiling so it’s the last thing you see before you fall asleep
6. Don’t take breaks … ever!
7. Try working as an Alaskan Crab Fisherman for a week, ala “The Deadliest Catch”
8. Compare yourself to all of your friends on Facebook
9. Learn a new skill, like making origami art out of your rejection letters (bonus points if you can make one into a briefcase)
10. And absolutely do not take any motivational or psychological advice from blog posts like mine!
About the Author (Author Profile)
Sites That Link to this Post
- Articles for 20-Somethings | Life2PointOh | June 24, 2012