Thank you SO much to everyone who submitted a picture (or more) to our Halloween costume contest! We got a good laugh out of the entries and were very impressed at everyone’s creativity. After going through all of the submissions, we narrowed it down to our 10 favorite costumes (it was very hard to get it down to 10 – believe me). Here is a countdown of our top 10 picks – number 1 being the winner of the $25 Visa gift card!
10. Cami and Sara as ‘radtastic’ girls from the 80s (love the fanny!)
…and Cami again as Instagram!! (this was submitted after midnight, so it can’t win… but I had to feature it!)
9. Lauren and her boyfriend as Jesus and Tim Tebow
8. Ashley and Jenni as Loofas (love this because it was on my original list of costume ideas for 20-somethings)
7. Jamie’s boyfriend as Robocop (this was handmade – I’m impresed)
6. Maureen as Hurricane Sandy (Just to let everyone know – this picture was submitted before Sandy did any damage… cute idea, but unfortunately the outcome wasn’t equally as cute)
5. Fatima as a ‘Shiitake Mushroom’ (AKA a Shit Talking Mushroom – which is why she is dressed in brown)
4. Kyla as Amy Winehouse (RIP) (That is her real hair)
3. Melanie as a Hooter’s Girl, her boyfriend as a Penthouse Pet (this is hilarious – he’s wearing makeup), and her friend as a baby/grandma zombie (this picture is amazing)
2. Whitney as The Morton Bath Salt Girl with a zombie theme (this is something I would have never thought of – very unique)
AND THE WINNER IS……………
1. Mallory as Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time and her friends!!!
Mallory created this hilarious DIY costume all on her own! Her boyfriend was Jake the Dog from Adventure time and the couple on the left were a lumberjack and flapper. Apparently, they called themselves flapjack, which make this picture 10 times more hilarious. If you don’t know what Adventure Time is (I didn’t), just look at this picture and see how perfect Mallory’s costume is:
Absolutely hilarious. Well done Mallory! Congrats.
Thanks again to everyone who participated. We hope you had an awesome Halloween and that you’ve already started to think of ideas for next year. It’s never too early to prep for Halloween… Right?
About the Author (Author Profile)Samantha is a Boston based 20-something who owns way too many clothes and and is openly addicted to teen dramas such as Pretty Little Liars. After graduating from Ithaca College, she started up Forever Twenty Somethings, a blog-turned-online-magazine about adjusting to life after college. Now she spends her days working full-time in television and whatever free time she has managing and writing for the website.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Flashback Friday: Viral Videos : Forever Twenty Somethings | November 2, 2012