1. You wore your matching Tiffany’s Heart Necklace and Bracelet with pride. But you STOPPED wearing them by 2003 because you were like soooo over it.
2. You were a frequent buyer of the 5 for $20 at Victoria’s Secret. You were basically an advocate for their Pink collection with “Pink” written across your ass everywhere you went.
3. You had and wore a Von Dutch hat. Why? No one knows.
4. Your favorite movie was Mean Girls. And hey, it probably still is.
5. The number of skirts you owned was endless. There were short denim skirts (10 points if they were ripped).
…and ruffled skirts.
There were ALL THE SKIRTS. I blame Mean Girls. (See picture from #4)
6. You had highlights that made you look like a zebra. Your mom said no, but for some reason you didn’t listen.
7. You put Dashboard Confessional or Taking Back Sunday lyrics in your AIM profile. This was to show how *scene* and *emotional* you were.
Or you featured a 90s rock song that was directed towards someone who probably did not know you existed.
7. You layered everything. Polos on polos — but ACTUALLY polos on polos, because you rocked that double pop collar like a fucking boss circa 2004. Your polos came from abercrombie, Abercrombie (ya, they were different — kids vs adults duh), Hollister, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren (the factory store? let my basic 2000s-self in), American Eagle (ugh). You also layered tank tops. And t-shirts. And everything. It was weird.
8. You enjoyed playing songs in Hollister. IT WAS SO DARK. AND THERE WAS SO MUCH YELLOWCARD.
9. You owned army pants. And flip flops.
10. You lived and died by your super cool flip phone. AKA your Razr… or your Nextel if you were lucky. BEEP BEEP.
11. After school and your extracurriculars were done for the day, you spent all of your free time sitting and scaring at your computer screen, waiting for your crush to sign on. Would you IM him? No. Would he IM you? No. But what a fucking thrill, right?
12. You read the Gossip Girl series. Ughhhhhhhh your life was so lame in comparison. Why did you have to grow up NORMAL?
13. You hair was STRAIGHT AS F*CK. ALWAYS.
14. The only time your hair wasn’t straight was when you “sprunched” it with “sprunch” spray.
15. You made awesome mix CDs with all the songs you downloaded from Limewire & Kazaa. You also took it one step further and wrote the name of each song on the CD in pretty colors.
16. You had an iPod Nano. But this didn’t stop you from making mix CDs.
17. Probably the hardest decision you had to make in the 2000s was who was going be in your Top 8. MySpace made life SO HARD.
18. You actually got the Abercrombie and Fitch catalog. Like it was sent to your house.
19. The more rips in your jeans, the better. Oh, and then add some random writing onto the jeans and you’ve got THE PERFECT PAIR.
20. Uggs over your jeans, folded, was the look you went for every day. Don’t forget your North Face!!!
21. You looooooooved Dane Cook. He was, like, so funny.
22. BBM was the only way you communicated during the late 2000s. Blackberry life.
23. Paris Hilton was your spirit animal. THE SIMPLE LIFE LOLOLOL. So funny.
24. You remember when Polaroid cameras came back for a hot second, and you obvi had one. They printed instantly so you could tape pics to your agenda right away!!!
25. You rocked folded off-the-shoulder shirts like it was nobody’s business. They were, like, from the “80s” or something. Chic.
26. You never, ever took your Livestrong bracelet off.
27. Your favorite show was The OC and you thought you were actually Summer Roberts. And you thought you were actually dating Seth Cohen. Or maybe that was just me, idk.
28. You were always rocking a French Manicure, because why dare to be different when you can look like everyone else? #The2000sMotto
29. You have grinded to “Get Low.” And I don’t mean in Vegas when you saw Lil Jon DJ at Encore a few months ago (lol, just me?)… I mean at the *middle school dance.* Shit was cray.
30. Your Juicy Sweatsuit was a way of life. If you didn’t have one, who even were you?
31. You had no idea if it was in fact chicken or fish, either. BUT HOW CAN TUNA BE CHICKEN OF THE SEA? God Jessica, YOU’RE SO STUPID.
32. Bring It On made you want to become a cheerleader.
33. Laguna Beach was your shit.
34. You loved Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan… and so did Aaron Carter. You also loved Aaron Carter.
35. You were basically in a giant love affair with logos. Your Dooney & Bourke bag. Your coach bag. Your graphic t’s. Your branded polos. You were a walking advertisement. And YOU F*CKING LOVED IT.
What made you a basic b*tch in the 2000s?!