We just wrote a piece on thin hair struggles. I’m here to divulge the other side of the spectrum:
1. You’re envious of your thin-haired friends who take seconds to do their hair
2. There is never a perfect season for your hair. In the summer, it’s frizz-central. In the winter, it’s dry and frizzy. You’ll never outlast Mother Nature.
3. Like your thin-haired friends, you also struggle with lots of hair
4. Forget brushing “100 strokes” each night before bed, because you’ve already lost at least 209849085 strands.
5. You have so much hair, it actually hurts (but for real though, you can seriously get a headache when it’s sitting atop your head).
6. When you are getting your hair cut and the stylist says, “Wow, that’s a lot of hair…” you never quite know how to respond because you’re still drowning in it.
7. Thin hair ties can only wrap around your pony tail once. But thick hair ties can only wrap around twice and it’s still not enough.
8. You can’t use thin combs and you regularly break hair brushes
9. You thought getting braids on tropical vacations was soooo cool, even though the process took forever. Tiny braids+lots of hair=hours in the chair. Until you took them out and you ended up looking like Roseanna Roseannadanna.
10. You have to take precious hours out of your sleep schedule to wash your hair, whether it’s at night or in the morning. But then you’re stuck with wet hair at night and then you can’t fall asleep because guess what? It’ll still be wet in the morning. Might as well look like a wet poodle.
11. Hair dryers at hotels are pure evil. Cute, yes, but it’ll take three times as long to get the job done.
This is your hair three hours after blowdrying it without any styling tools:
12. Straightening your hair is an all-day affair. First you have to wash and condition, then put on smoothing cream, then blow dry, then wait an hour, then plug in a straightener….Oh hey, energy bill.
13. f you decide to air dry your hair, it is also an all-day process. So much for getting things done today.
14. When you do straighten your hair, people ask if you’ve gotten your hair cut since it looks so smooth. (Um..thanks?)
15. 2 in 1 shampoos are no match for thick hair. And when you travel, you can rarely find travel conditioner. If you can, that little bottle gives you half of a hair wash.
16. Bobby pins get lost in your hair on the regular.
17. Once you heard about keratin, your life changed forever.
18. You’ll have better luck taming a wild animal than your hair
19. You go through conditioner faster than shampoo
20. How many products should I use? THE LIMIT DOES NOT EXIST