It is officially one of the best days of the year: National Taco Day!
Tacos are my favorite. If I could eat them for every meal, I actually would. You can put any kind of meat you want in them. You can have a hard shell or a soft shell or you can both – at the same time. You can actually put ANYTHING you want in them. For indecisive people, tacos reign supreme.
Realistically, everyone has had at least one (okay – five) taco night(s) in his or her life. I have tacos with my boyfriend. I have tacos with my roommates. I have tacos with my family. I have tacos on Taco Tuesday – which just so happens to be today, and wait, it’s also taco day. So yes – National Taco Day is on Taco Tuesday this year. TACOS FOR ALL.
I’m not going to lie. I’m usually a plain Jane when it comes to tacos. But after searching on Pinterest for taco ideas to celebrate this great holiday, I found some awesome recipes that will make your mouth water until literally next year.
Not going to lie again, I’ve never made any of the below tacos, so we can all try them together and see how it goes.
1. Flank Steak Tacos w/ Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce from The Garlic Diaries
2. Grilled Chicken Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch from Cooking Classy
3. Fish Tacos with Sriracha Aioli Slaw from hapa nom nom
4. Buffalo Chicken Tacos w/ Blue Cheese Cilantro Ranch from Carlsbad Cravings
5. Shrimp Tacos w/ Mango Salsa from Dinner at the Zoo
6. Teriyaki Chicken Tacos w/ Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa from Carlsbad Cravings
7. Oven Baked Honey Lime Chicken Tacos from Life in the Lofthouse.
8. Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos from Fox and Briar.
9. The Breakfast Taco from Cooking on the Weekends
10. Potato & Chorizo Tacos from Dora’s Table
*Disclaimer: I did not take any of these photos. All photos came from the recipe sites! All credit goes out to them.*