Article updated 12/7/18!
Ahh, the holidays. The season of spending money – on yourself, others, and… yourself. Or maybe that’s just me. But I don’t care – I love getting gifts for myself. It’s the holidays. It’s justified.
These 28 gifts are perfect for the typical twentysomething women in your life. Happy gifting!
1. Fujifilm INSTAX Mini 9 Instant Camera – For the one who is always taking pictures
Remember polaroids? They’re back, except Fujifilm is the new Polaroid, and their instant cameras are SO FUCKING CUTE. Whether you’re taking pics at parties, at weddings, on vacation, or wherever, retro pictures are the best. You don’t want this. You need this. I’m telling you.
2. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Galaxy Eyeshadow Palette – For the beauty lover
Fenty Beauty is all the rage this holiday season thanks to the recent release of Rihanna’s new line of beauty products. If you want to give someone the gift of Rihanna makeup, you can’t go wrong with fun eyeshadow!
3. Kindle Paperwhite – For the one who likes to read and stuff
If she likes to read, she’ll want a new Kindle. New technology! More reading! Yay!
4. “I am very busy” 2019 planner – For your busiest friend
Why plan in your phone when you can plan in an IRL notebook? It screams “I’m busy so please stop trying to make plans with me.” Yes, it’s necessary.
5. Kendra Scott pendant necklace – For the classic girl
Believe it or not, these necklaces are trendy AND timeless. They’re also not too expensive! I have Kendra Scott earrings and they go with everything. This necklace is the same!
6. Canada Goose Jacket – For the one trying to survive winter
Canada Goose jackets are warm as fuck and will help you survive the brutal months that are winter. If you have someone in your life willing to spend this much money on you for a holiday, I’m jealous of you. This jacket is slim fitting too, so it will make you thin, unlike a large puffer (UGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH winter, making poor people look bigger than they really are since the beginning of time, or at least since winter jackets were created).
7. For the fitness class fanatic – Lululemon Wunder Under Pant (Hi-Rise)
Two-ish years ago, I caved and discovered the magic that is Lululemon. Before that, I survived workouts with Soffe shorts (*gasp*), Under Armour tops and pants, and yoga pants found at Target. Lululemon’s yoga pants made me feel not only more comfortable, but also better about my body. They are basically spandex for my soul. And the best part – they LAST. None of my other yogas – expensive or inexpensive – seem to last. Lulu’s Wunder Unders though, they do!
8. Wine Glass Bottle – For the one who drinks a fuck ton of wine
If she drinks the whole bottle once she opens the bottle, get her the wine bottle glass. She’ll loooooooove it.
9. Cat Measuring Cups – For the cat lover
Omg, cat measuring cups. These are so great, they actually make me want to cook. CAN I HAZ? CAN SOMEONE BUY THESE FOR ME?
10. Vape Pen – For the stoner on-the-go
I don’t smoke, so I don’t know what to say here, but this was recommended by people who do smoke, so yeah idk, go for it.
11. Copper Solo Cup – For the one who just graduated and is attempting to adult
Upgrade from a red solo cup to a ~copper solo cup~ because #adulthood.
12. Capri Blue Jar Candle – For the one who is adulting hard
Candles not only smell good, but they can be awesome decor. Capri Blue’s Volcano scented candles are hands down the best smelling candles ever. And they come in THIS packaging (and others). It’s a double win for gift giving. Seriously, I gave on to my mom for her birthday and she was blown away by the smell. I would also recommend the Reed Diffuser. It solves all bathroom problems; a great gift for someone who may have just moved in with their boyfriend (stinky bathrooms? no thx).
13. POPSUGAR Must Have Box – For the one who likes surprises
I feel like I am always writing about the POPSUGAR box. Mostly because I cancelled my membership a year ago when I lost my job and became unemployed and I miss it. Also because I want someone to buy it for me. This box meant I got a gift every month. A great gift. Full of trendy, awesome stuff. REALLY, THIS IS NOT AN AD. It’s just that great.
14.Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker II – For the one who always insists you listen to their music at the party
Bring this to the beach, to a friend’s apartment, to wherever. If she likes music, give her the gift of Bose. Bluetooth Bose.
15. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer – For the high-maintenance one
I know, I know. $399 is a lot of fucking money for a HAIR DRYER you can get for like 1/100th of the cost at Target. But the Dyson hair dryer is worth it. I know, I tried it. It dries hair faster and won’t damage your hair from heat. It’s also, like, really pretty. And future-y. Hey! I made up a word!
16. J. Crew Chateau Parka – For the fashion girl
I got this jacket as a gift for the holidays last year, and I have never gotten more compliments than I do when I wear it. Guys, girls, people into fashion, people who have no idea what fashion means. It’s also really warm and comfy and all around great.
17. But first, coffee thermal mug – For the one who is always drinking coffee
First of all, this cup is cute as fuck. Second, it’s perfect for coffee people. COFFEE ALWAYS COMES FIRST, DUH.
18. The Hangover Cookbook – For the home chef who likes to ~party~
But why is hungoevr spelled like that? Idk, this is just amusing to me, so I put it on the list. WHY NOT.
19. Sephora Favorites Holiday Perfume Sampler – For the one who likes things (wow, I’m running out of ideas)
This makeup spray changed my life. I’m just kidding, it didn’t change my life. But it actually works. It makes my makeup last all day and gives my face the glow it lost in my mid-late 20s. It’s not cheap, and this duo is a value buy. If she wears makeup, she’ll love it!
20. Fitbit Charge 3 – For the fitness fanatic
New Fitbit, new motivation to hit dem steps.
21. Madewell Tote Bag – For the business b*tch
I own this bag in the English Saddle color, and it’s amazing. It’s, trendy, not TOO expensive (compared to other totes), and it goes with everything. Would recommend to all!
22. Nike Sweatpants – For the one who fucking hates pants
Pants are the worst. And with the yoga pants obsession, most ladies don’t even own sweatpants anymore. Let’s make sweatpants great again.
23. Crock-Pot – For the one who is bordering recent grad/domestic goddess status
Slow cookers are a great way to start cooking gourmet meals. And they’re necessary if you want to cook homemade meals while busy with work, the gym, and a social life. I own this Crock-Pot and it’s bae. Do people still say that? No? Well, it’s a good slow cooker.
24. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb – For the LADY
Ladies smell good. Is she a lady? Do you want her to be a lady? Get her a lady gift.
25. Sorry I Am Such An Asshole Balloon – For the one you ignored texts from all year, but still love
26. Chloe Leather Satchel – For the one who loves EXPENSIVE bags
Find a man who will buy u a Chloe.
27. For the one who likes experiences over material things – A vacation.
A night in a hotel, just because. A weekend getaway somewhere you don’t have to fly to (#roadtrip). A long weekend just a short flight away in paradise. A week (or longer) excursion overseas or across the country. Most of the time, experiences are better than material things. A trip or a night away is the most thoughtful gift because you are planning something. Browse TripAdvisor for ideas (I swear by TripAdvisor rankings for hotels and restaurants), and Expedia for prices. A little research and effort never hurt anybody.
28. For the one you legit have no idea what to buy – Gift cards!
Screw people who say gift cards are the worst, least thoughtful gift. I LOVE gift cards. I enjoy shopping – and I enjoy picking out my own shit. People KNOW that about me, so they get me gift cards to the places I enjoy so I can continue spending money because I love spending money. If you know someone who enjoys spending money, get them a gift card!