Award shows are weird and chances are, if you weren’t live tweeting it/planning to write about it, you weren’t watching it. However, maybe you DID watch because the Grammys aren’t just an award show. They are an ode to “today’s greatest hits” with many musical performances from old and new artists.
The 2017 Grammys graced us with their presence Sunday night and, well, the show was kind of good. Or at least good enough that I wasn’t complaining that it was still going on halfway through the show, as I do during most events like this. That’s probably because the show was full of Beyonce, Adele, Adele, and Beyonce.
If you didn’t watch, don’t worry – you can easily catch up on everything you missed here. Here are the only 11 things that happened at the 2017 Grammys that you need to know about.
1. Lady Gaga gave college girls everywhere inspiration for their Halloween costumes next year.
2. The Weeknd proves again that he sounds exactly like Michael Jackson.
Paris Jackson, who is weirdly hot, even introduced him.
3. Beyonce performed pregnant, meaning you can definitely make it to the gym at least 3 times this week.
4. Katy Perry straight up channeled the Olsen Twins with her new look.
But she also looks like Jennifer Lawrence.
5. Blue Ivy proved to all of us she is living the most unrelatable childhood of all time.
6. Adele fucked up her performance, stopped singing, and told the Grammys she was starting over because she can do WHATEVER SHE WANTS.
Adele gives zero fucks. Except when she wins awards over Beyonce.
7. Lady Gaga performed with Metallica, fully dressed in an outfit from Hot Topic.
8. There was a kind of awful tribute to “Saturday Night Fever.”
Disco is better than this… Also, Demi Lovato looked like Kyle Richards, Cher, and Kourtney Kardashian had a baby that came out of the womb as a 20-something.
9. Busta Rhymes called Trump “President Agent Orange.”
10. Bruno Mars gave us a performance he’s been training for literally his entire life: he became Prince.
Or is he Prince? Has he been Prince the whole time? Wait, no. He’s definitely not Prince.
11. When Adele won Album of the Year over Beyonce, she broke her Grammy in half to give a piece to Beyonce.
Adele literally Kanye-ed herself by not literally saying, “Ima let me finish, but Beyonce had the best album of all time.” And she did. Like, I listened to Lemonade in its entirety on a loop for months.
We are all Adele.