I hope the post-margarita regret has subsided by now and I find you having a productive weekend! Like you, I love everything about “Cinco de Mayo”–the tequila, the tacos, the music–everything about it except for the fact that it has nothing to do with the day’s true history. May 5, 1862 is the day that France came to collect war debt from Mexico. So, not only have we created a holiday which celebrates global capitalism, but we continue to literally buy into the culturally appropriated, Hallmark holiday year after year. All I’m saying, twenty-somethings, is ignorance is not bliss (and you don’t need an excuse to indulge in tacos and Tecate). With that in mind, here’s what you can do right now: read up on the current situation in Venezuela and do what you can to help.
2. Was The Met Gala Red Carpet Risky Enough For You? on Man Repeller
3. Chaos Looms Over Venezuela on NY Times
4. This App Is About To Totally Change The Way You Meet People on Coveteur
5. How My Personal Website Helped Me Land My Dream Job on The Muse
6. This New Rug Aisle Decor Trend Is A Boho Wedding Dream on Brit+Co
7. How To Feel Happier In An Instant on Because I’m Addicted