It was not love at first sight. When we were first introduced, I had no idea how you were going to fit in my life. I have put in a lot of time over the years and although it feels like all I get is pain in return, these rough patches have only made our relationship stronger. This relationship, of course, is the one I have with my foam roller.
If you’re like me, in honor of National Foam Roller Day, here are 10 signs you’re in a relationship with your foam roller.
1. After a long day, you can’t wait to come home to it.
2. It knows all your trigger points and sore areas.
You can always count on it to help you get the knots out.
3. No matter how much time you spend with it, you always want to spend more.
You know that you will feel great after rolling around with it.
4. It takes your pain away.
No matter what has gone on in your day, or what type of workout you subject your body to, you know that your foam roller is there to make it all better.
5. Your flexibility has improved because of some of the things you have done together.
Your muscles are significantly more lengthened and loosened and you owe it all to your time with it.
6. It is easy to hang out with at any time of day- after a workout, during your favorite show, or right before bed.
It is always down to spend some time with you, and you with it.
7. You want your time together to be nice and slow.
Taking things too fast would ruin the mood and you want to make it last.
8. You miss it if you don’t see it for a day.
You know that it is important to use it after all of your workouts and are left feeling guilty if you don’t have time to spend with it.
9. Sometimes it makes you cry, but it also makes you so happy.
The dramatic emotions are what make it a real relationship.
10. You keep trying to work on making things better between you two.
Even if it sometimes feels forced and awkward, you get through all of the rough spots by working through it together.