Saving money and dieting… two things that go together hand in hand.
Seriously though, what is a better way to lose weight than to save money while doing it? Here’s how to do so:
- Stop going out to eat!!! Don’t let your cravings get the best of you. Yeah, you may have had a hell of a week at work and just want to eat french fries and a big juicy burger, but NO! Eat at home… Have scrambled eggs, a lean cuisine, or something. You will save money AND calories! (everyone wins)
- Stop drinking. This one is a little hypocritical of me to say… as I don’t know when a time will come when I will “stop drinking.” But when that day comes, dieting will be so much easier. If you CAN stop drinking, just think how much money you will save not going to bars, paying cover charges, paying for alcohol & chasers, etc.
- If you can’t stop drinking (like me), drink in moderation. That Sam Adams Summer Ale beer might be calling your name from the fridge in a few months, but no! Stay away! Beer is loaded with calories! Stick to low cal beer like Budweiser Select 55 (55 calories) and MGD 64 (64 calories). Have some wine. Or drink hard liquor with DIET soda or any chaser with NO calories! Personally, I drink captain and diet coke/pepsi… (You pee it out as the night progresses at least).
- Don’t give in to your Drunk Hungry Self. I am a world wide phenomenon at drunk eating. I will eat anything – yes, anything – when drunk. Pizza is a fave… but if I’m drunk to the point of no return, I will order french fries from a cheap pizza place and down it within 30 seconds. This is not only a waste of money, but a big BLOW to my diet. The next day, I will weigh approximately 3 pounds more and will mope around all day and complain to the person (usually my boyfriend) who let me eat such horrible food! INSTEAD, try eating whatever is in your house/apt. Everyone has bread or crackers (ex: SALTINES) – munch on that and force yourself to go to bed. The worst that will happen is you will wake up the next morning and have to throw up… And that’s where the weight loss comes in again at full speed.
- Stop eating chocolate and other goodies people offer you. You may feel awkward saying “no thanks” when someone offers you something. And they may get offended that you don’t want their food, but they are just jealous of your self restraint. This doesn’t save money… but the less you eat the less hungry you will be and therefore, the less food you will have to buy!
- Starve yourself. JUST KIDDING 🙂
P.S. Coming Soon: A list of my other rules of dieting and what I what I eat every day (yes – I eat the same foods every day).