When you shut down that computer and exit those doors on Friday afternoon, you feel a new kind of feeling – a new found love of the weekend. Sure, in college you counted down to the weekend – but little did you know, life wasn’t THAT bad as a student. Your life was a constant weekend. People did not only go out on Friday and Saturday nights. They went out all week long. “Real people” do not go out all week long – work is tiring… school is um, not. Or maybe it sometimes was, but you didn’t care… Raging happened on the daily and you could NOT miss out. After college, weekends are appreciated a whole lot more.
Here are 10 reasons why weekends mean so much more after college:
1. Your weekend didn’t start on Thursday because you had no classes Friday (you have work!).
2. You can finally wear that cute dress you bought last weekend that you could never wear to work (although, you would have totally worn it to class… but oh wait, you’re not a student!)
3. Work doesn’t get canceled like your classes did – such as the time your 11am class got canceled so you decided to rage the night before (because 11am is just SO early).
4. You don’t have to set an alarm tomorrow morning.
5. You don’t casually black out every Wednesday anymore (RIP Blackout Wednesday), so you long for fun for five whole days.
6. You can go out tonight and not feel like an alcoholic (because real people don’t go out during the week – they have to work the next day! Umm, that’s BS btw).
7. You now have two nights to drink, rather than 4 or 5 – so you’re going to go all out no matter what.
8. You don’t have to work the next 2 days.
9. You don’t have to choose between having a social life and going to the gym. (Because you can go to the gym in the morning, the afternoon, or at night – basically whenever you want and not ONLY after work)
10. If you’re hungover, you don’t have to worry about not looking hungover.