Unlike Zac Efron, most of us (aka all of us) will never have the chance to be 17 again. Unfortunately, we don’t know a magical janitor who will let us go back and fix our ‘mistakes.’ We are twentysomethings now and we have to deal with the silly things we said, wrote, and did in the past. And although we laugh at most of the ridiculous debauchery we got ourselves into, there are a few things I would do differently if I was 17 again…
Here are 10 of them:
1. I wouldn’t post such emotion-filled away messages on AIM (and later statuses on Facebook).
2. I would eat healthy.
3. I would focus on what I enjoy, rather than what everyone else enjoys.
4. I wouldn’t shop at Abercrombie and Fitch.
5. I would never get in a car with anyone who had been drinking (or drive after I had been drinking myself).
6. I would go to the gym on a regular basis.
7. I would do my own homework.
8. I wouldn’t talk to future college classmates online.
9. I wouldn’t use MySpace.
10. I wouldn’t post pictures that I wouldn’t want to see 7 years later.
Despite the weird choices I made as a teen that I simply do not understand now (why did I have to post song lyrics describing my feelings towards a boy I barely even knew?), I have no regrets. When it comes down to it, the above experiences (well, most of them) are what shaped me today. And I don’t think I turned out so bad… What would you do differently if you could be 17 again?