Working a normal schedule and not being able to exercise leaves me with a lot of time to kill after work. And last night, I took that time to cook a healthy, delicious, and of course gluten free pasta dish. It was YUM. It took about 40 minutes to prepare and cook, but might take you less time if you’re a great cooking multi-tasker (I’m not). Below is the recipe I used and made gluten free. You can of course use whatever kind of pasta you like, gluten free or not. Enjoy!
3/4 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil reserved
4 links of Al Fresco sun-dried tomato chicken sausage
12 oz package frozen artichoke hearts
2 frozen garlic cubes (or 2 garlic cloves)
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
16 ounces gluten free penne (I would have used Ancient Harvest Quinoa rotelle, but I ran out… Schar is okay though)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1/3 cup basil
1. Heat the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes can in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and break them up into bite size pieces. Cook until brown for about 8 minutes.Transfer the sausage to a bowl.
2. Add the artichokes and garlic to the same frying pan. Saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the broth, wine, and sun-dried tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat until the sauce reduces slightly, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the penne in boiling water according to the box. Drain the pasta.
5. Add the pasta, sausage, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and basil, to the artichoke mixture. Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the pasta.
6. Eat, eat, and eat! Sprinkle with some more parmesan cheese if you’d like.
Let us know what you think in the comments!