“It’s Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday”.
Just when you think you can get Friday out of your head, she’s back.
Rebecca Black, perhaps known for her super catchy weekend anthem “Friday”, has a new single, appropriately titled, “Saturday”. This time, she’s paired with an equally auto-tuned YouTube star named Dave Days, who looks like that guy from Owl City. Could she have a new favorite day to sing about?
- “We we we so excited” about Friday, but Saturday is more exciting because it’s written in the sand.
- Saturday is obviously a better weekend day. Friday was epic, so let’s do it again. But this time, let’s add twerking and make our own version of “We Can’t Stop”. We’ll totally remember this night forever. #YOLO
- Friday we were looking forward to the weekend. Saturday night, we own the party scene. Shades off, rage on.
- We don’t have to say we can’t wait for the “fun fun fun fun” because it already happened. It was so fun that we wrote it all over Bobby’s face.
- No 7 a.m. wake-up calls. It is totally appropriate to sleep in until 2 p.m.
- On Friday, we get a laundry list of how to start our day (“Gotta have my cereal”, “Front seat or the back seat?”) On Saturday…wait, what day was yesterday?
- On Friday, we can drive around all night at 14. On Saturday, we can party it up and get black-out drunk when we’re 16.
- On Friday, Dave wore a plaid button-down and khakis. On Saturday, Dave is wearing last night’s button-down and white socks a la “Risky Business.”
- This Saturday, Rebecca cruises in the front seat and the back seat. It’s not a question. That’s just how she rolls.
- Saturdays always end with beach fireworks, Silly String fights, dance-offs, and an African-American guy getting arrested. ALWAYS.
If she makes a sequel, the obvious next day is “Sunday”. And that better include brunch with bloody marys, bottomless mimosas and all-you-can eat pancakes.
Watch the video for yourself: