It’s August, and you know what that means…
Back to school, back to school, to prove to dad that I’m not a—oh, wait, we’re actually not going back to school.
But fret not, twenty-somethings…just because we’re real people now doesn’t mean we can’t get excited for back-to-school season.
While your friends in teaching and grad school are stocking up on highlighters and three-ring binders, you’ve graduated to “grown up” accessories—no Mead 5-Pocket Notebooks or Trapper Keepers here. Check out a few of our “school supplies” to spruce up your desk space:
1. Kate Spade Eat Cake for Breakfast Paperweight, $30, Katespade.com
Kate Spade accessories are everything. This cheeky paperweight is sure to beat the Monday (and Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday) blues.
2. Kate Spade The Short List Small Notepad, $8, Katespade.com
I know there’s a bunch of note-keeping apps out there, but there’s something about writing down tasks with a pen on a piece of paper, and crossing off said task with a strikethrough. And the shorter the list, the faster you’ll be done for happy hour.
3. Bow USB, $50, Katespade.com
Possibly the chicest portable document-saving device that fits in the palm of your hand.
4. Poppin All-Bundled Up Yellow Desktop Set, $51, poppin.com
Liven up your workspace with color—even when you know you’ll be slugging long hours at work. This set comes in 14 other hues, but yellow is always a safe choice.
5. Poppin The Love-At-First-Sight Pool Blue Stapler, $14, poppin.com
The best significant other.
6. Scotch Chameleon Tape Dispenser, $14.98, Target.com
Nothing like a sturdy desktop companion.
7. Lulu & Georgia Wall Art, $15, Luluandgeorgia.com
An inspiring quote (like this one by J.Crew’s Jenna Lyons), keeps you motivated.
8. Russell and Hazel Binder Clips, $12 (for a set of 6), Russellandhazel.com
Gold accessories = instant work style cred.
9. Francesca’s Collections Bunny Stapler, $14, Francescascollections.com
Desk buddy #2.
10. Yummy Yummy Scented Glitter Gel Pens, $10, Francescascollections.com
Because we’re not ready to grow up juuuust yet.
At least backpacks are coming back in style…