Your inbox is probably flooded with thousands of emails from your favorite stores, sweepstakes you have entered, industry news and random messages about diets and “enhancements.” Despite all of those spammy emails that you either trash or let accumulate and never read, there is one email that you NEED and are REQUIRED to willingly sign up for: The Skimm. What is it you ask? Only the single most important email that you will receive at 6am. It will brief you on all you need to know in the world of current events and add some humor to your morning routine. Here is why you need to hand over your email to The Skimm.
- Only one email per day first thing in the morning and none on the weekends (unlike Lilly Pulitzer who will email you every day at breakfast, lunch and dinner…no hate, love my Lilly.)
- You can read it in under 15 minutes while you are drinking coffee, applying your makeup or whatever else is part of your pre-work morning routine. It is elliptical friendly on your iPad too!
- They do the research for you so no need to have 10 different news apps to get all the angles.
- You can stroll into the office with some quick tidbits that will make your co-workers look to you as a source of witty and intelligent news.
- It is seriously the most objective news source ever – move over FOX and MSNBC.
- They give you links to read more straight from original articles or news sources.
- They have super awesome sweepstakes to win trips, gym memberships and more.
- Their subject lines are witty and you WILL open the email (ie: Digital Digital Get Down, Get up Offa That Thing & Get Vertical.) Creativity points!
- The headlines for the sections are super hilarious (ie: What to say when you add resistance in a spin class, what to say when your co-worker asks if you have watched Sharknado 2, etc.)
- Two incredibly driven and intelligent young women saw a need and started it on their living room couch. #GirlPower
- Instead of a WOD (shout-out to all you cross-fitters out there) they give you a QOD (quote of the day) that opens every email and often makes a public figure look like an idiot with a hilarious and subtle stab.
- They educate you on things to know in pop culture such as what “turnt up for what” means and other fun vocab words to throw around at your next outing such as “glamping” and what “IMHO” stands for on Twitter. Great ice breakers at your next awk business networking event.
- They have fun and informative social media and will respond to you…yay for personalization and favoriting in the Twitterverse.
- When it’s your bday they give you a shout out in the email…bonus points! Everyone loves birthday wishes.
- The emails and website are clean and simple and don’t inundate you with photos and crazy stuff. It is the daily Reader’s Digest of what you need to know.
What are you waiting for? Go skim yourself!