1. Alright, mental checklist. Water, iPod, keys, headphones.
2. Seriously, don’t forget your iPod again. That sucked last time.
3. Okay, ready to go.
4. *Set MapMyRun*
5. Need to start with a good song *scrolls through playlist during warm up jog*
6. Three miles today. I can do this.
7. *5 minutes goes by*
8. I must have done a mile by now!
9. *looks at phone* LIES. I’ve definitely done more than that!
10. It’s okay. I got this. I’m enjoying this run. It’s a beautiful day!
11. I hope no one notices my Ke$ha lip-syncing.
12. Woo! 1 mile down, 2 to go!
13. I definitely need new running sneakers.
14. How did the Frozen soundtrack get on this playlist?!
15. I can’t decide if I’m bored or hate this.
16. Halfway there! Maybe I don’t hate this.
17. Keep breathing. Focus on the breathing.
18. Nope. I’m dying. My legs are giving out.
19. I can’t do this. I still have another WHOLE mile!
20. No. Don’t give up!
21. I’ll play “Eye of the Tiger.” That’ll get me through this.
22. Breathe in. Breathe out. Almost there.
23. I’m dying. I’m not going to make it.
24. NO. I’ll make it. RISE UP TO THE CHALLENGE OF THE RIVAAAAALLLLLLL.
25. So. Close. Quarter mile left. Sprint it out!
26. I can see the finish line. I can do this!
27. DONE. I’m not dead, at least I don’t think so.
28. *Collapse onto ground*
29. Might as well stretch while I’m down here.
30. I CAN’T WAIT TO DO THIS AGAIN TOMORROW!