Regardless if you have tried the “best one hour workout” (AKA Orange Theory) or not, most of these thoughts are synonymous with any sort of structured workout class or heck just going to the gym in general. So in that calorie, fat-burning and semi-hellish workout these fifteen thoughts have crossed my mind and if you are a normal person, you have probably thought the same. And if not, you’re lying.
1. How much longer on this treadmill? What is coming up next? A push? A base? A hill? I hate surprises especially when it comes to my stamina level and anything that involves a treadmill. I wish there was a treadmill itinerary.
2. I hope all the classes with the hot trainer are open this week. Hmmm…wonder if he is single? Either way at least he’s nice to look at while I sweat my ass off and look disgusting.
3. Crap. I have to go to the bathroom. To wait or sprint out of the class and play it cool exiting and camouflaging back in .
4. I am so damn hungry. Where should I go grab dinner and drinks after this? Hmmm somewhere healthy and no alcoholic. Actually bump that. I want to eat all those burned calories right back. Cheeseburger and beer please.
5. I wonder what pace the girl next to me is at and how far she’s run. (Discretely peeks over.) Damn. She’s older and fatter than me and running faster and farther. Challenge accepted and it has now turned into an unspoken competition.
6. Dear hot guy I see in the waiting area. Please grab the treadmill next to me so I can discretely stare at you in the mirror and maybe we can chat about how long we have been taking classes for, our favorite trainer and other random nothings like how hot you are and that we should be friends.
7. Why are you telling and semi-yelling at me to grab more weight!? I am pushing my limit here.
8. Don’t fart. Don’t fart. Don’t fart. Praying no one heard that or smells anything….eek!
9. I already can feel my soreness and am predicting uncomfortable toilet sitting in the near future. At least I know it’s working…I hope.
10. I don’t think my heart rate monitor is working. It said I only burned 250 calories and my heart rate was 60. What the bleep? Does it still count?
11. Ewe, who told her those zebra print leggings looked good. It’s a train wreck. I can’t stop staring. Can’t stop.
12. Those are whimpy and pathetic squats. Mine are so much better. The trainer even gave me a compliment 😉 Go me!
13. So hungry. Can only think of my next meal…again. What else is new.
14. I’ve only been in here for five minutes!? I think the clock and timer on my treadmill is broken.
15. I wonder if people and my crush notice my enhanced muscle tone. Should I tell them how sore I am from my classes and brag about how “dedicated” I am and maybe I’ll pull a compliment out of them.
What are YOUR workout thought confessions?