1. Coffee. Without this amazing drink, I would probably sleep all the time, be extremely miserable every day, and get nothing done. I would also probably have a decent amount of money in my savings account, BUT WHO WANTS THAT?!!?!?
2. Expensive Trendy Workout Classes. This year I became an advocate for Pure Barre, a workout class in which you pay a lot of money to torture yourself. I am thankful that I finally found a workout I can actually do after being diagnosed with chronic back pain, and also that I have found something that could probably make me look fucking fantastic if I went enough, but sometimes people ask me to get drinks and I don’t know how to say no.
3. Credit Cards. I love spending money. Special shoutout to my Banana Republic card and my Nordstrom Card. I cannot be thankful enough for the discounts I receive to these stores. Like, can we talk about my fur vest? Without my Banana card, she may not exist in my closet. LOVE.
4. H&M. Thank GOD there is a store out there selling trendy shit for prices I can actually afford. Now, if only I could stop myself from buying things I could get at H&M elsewhere for more money.
5. Luna Bars. Curing hunger one bite at a time.
6. The Beach. I love beach. I would be more thankful for beach if I lived in California and could go every day, but LIFE.
7. Wegmans. If you know me, you know I am oddly a big fan of grocery shopping. It brings out the inner domestic future mother in me, or something. In college, Wegmans was our go-to grocery store (#Ithaca), and this April it opened down the street from where I live now. I am mostly thankful for the prepared foods section, AKA the vegetarian buffet and mozzarella sticks, but also the everything.
8. Large sweaters. Thank you for hiding my fat.
9. Sweetgreen. Those salads tho.
10. Wine. Without wine, life would be very boring.
11. My friends. I am hashtag blessed to have an amazing group of friends — both from my hometown and from college — and I am thankful for how weirdly close we are. Without them, life would be pretty fucking boring and also really depressing.
12. My family. Even though they are a little crazy (for example: one time one of my little brothers fell asleep at a strip club in the suburbs and had to take an Uber to our parent’s house… in the suburbs… this was last night… and then one time, my dad climbed on the kitchen counter for no reason… this was this morning), they are amusing. And how can you not be thankful for family?
13. YOU. I am thankful for everyone who has supported Forever Twenty Somethings. I never thought the website would become what is today in March of 2011 when I created it, but I am so grateful for how much it has grown. To the writers and the readers, I am thankful for the inspiration you give me to keep writing and growing FTS. You guys are the best and I cannot express how thankful I am for all of you enough <3
What are you thankful for this year? Happy Thanksgiving everyone!