Sure, she was Billboard’s 2014 Woman of the Year – nbd. Her latest album, 1989, sold over 1.2 million copies in the first week of release, but whatevs. She made over $60 million before her 25th birthday… pfftt!
But here’s why Taylor’s awesome…
1) She’s shown that class is a timeless fashion statement, and I want to raid her closet.
2) She treats her fans like real people: from visiting hospital patients to helping to pay off student loans, she’s pretty much the greatest celeb bestie you could have. Hey Taylor, I’ve got a few student loans I could use some help with, too… #justsayin
3) She’s not a sell out: she’s reinvented herself several times (or rather, she’s just grown up before our eyes) since coming on to the country music scene back in 2008, but she’s never let the industry hold her back or box her in. Sure, she’s got a lot of critics, but at the ripe young age of 25, who can blame her for figuring stuff out in her own way? Did YOU know what you wanted to do or who you wanted to be when you were 18?
4) She’s shown us that she’s a real person: from wearing her sweats and ankle weights while crashing a fan’s photoshoot to wearing her heart on her sleeve by navigating the tumultuous roller coaster of love, Taylor hasn’t let fame stop her from being human.
5) Taylor’s love life is the butt of jokes. Her response? To write song after multi-million dollar song about the ghosts of boyfriends pasts. Talk about showing ’em what they’re missing. Who’s laughing now?
6) She’s besties with Ellen… ’nuff said.
8) She’s shamelessly obsessed with her cat, Olivia Benson, and we are too.
9) Tall chicks, unite! At 5’10, Taylor is one tall drink of water, and she owns it proudly.