1. *Alarm goes off* Wait, I’m working from home today, I can sleep in! *Turns off alarm*
2. *2 hours later* Okay, now I can get up.
3. Gotta check email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
4. Okay, now I can get up. *Stretches*
5. It’s too quiet in here. Let’s turn on Pandora/Spotify.
6. *Mini dance party for 20 minutes*
7. *Opens Computer* Okay, I have to get _____ (insert major project) done today.
8. I’m hungry, getting some breakfast.
9. Supervisor phone call in a half hour. Need to focus.
10. *Browses Buzzfeed*
11. Ooh, a funny article about cats and babies! I have to share it on my social media pages.
12. I should probably get dressed.
13. *Stays in pajamas for remainder of day*
14. I need to focus and get that spreadsheet done.
15. I’m hungry again. Is it lunchtime yet?
16. Oh wait, I have my own schedule today, I can eat whatever/whenever I want!
17. Facebook break.
18. Let’s see how many more episodes of Breaking Bad I can finish today.
19. *3 hours later* I should really get going on that presentation.
20. I’ve been sitting all day, I need to get out of the house and run some errands.
21. Ooh, Chipotle! BRB, errands.
22. 1 p.m. Okay, I got this. I’ll crank it out in an hour and then I can get back to Breaking Bad.
23. I need some motivational work mode music. Pandora/Spotify playlist activated.
24. I forgot how much I love ____ (insert favorite song/band). I think they have a new record coming out, wonder if they’re touring soon.
25. 2:30 p.m. Okay, halfway done. Time for an exercise break. I think I can fit in a pure barre class.
26. WHY DID I DECIDED TO GO TO PURE BARRE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY?!?!?
27. UGH, THIS IS GOING TO BE TORTURE.
28. How many minutes left of this class? I have a presentation to finish!
29. 20 minutes left?!?!
30. CAN’T MOVE.
31. PHEW. I MADE IT THROUGH.
32. Okay, now back to work. But maybe I should shower first.
33. “Singing in the shower, la dah dee la dah dahhh…”
34. How old is that girl who sings that song? IT’S SO CATCHY.
35. Why is she making millions while I’m sitting here slaving away at a 9-5 desk job making an average salary? I still have to pay bills and rent, she probably lives in a McMansion in Los Angeles with a pool and a yacht and all that fancy stuff.
36. *Looks up information on Wikepedia* SHE’S 17?!?! I’m seven years older than her and she’s already more successful than me. Maybe I should switch careers…
37. Well, I did sing in choir in high school, so…maybe I can give this a shot?
38. *Starts singing Britney Spears song* Should I audition for American Idol? Maybe I can be the next Kelly/Carrie/Jordin/etc.
40. Okay, almost done!
41. Skype conference call in 10 minutes to recap my work.
43. All I did today was dance around in my pajamas, eat Chipotle, go to pure barre and sing in the shower. That’s totally productive, right?
44. Finished my presentation just in time!
45. I have sooooo much work to do tomorrow.
46. But now I can catch up on Breaking Bad!
47. Email is sent, done for the day.
48. I NEED A DRINK.
49. Red, red wiiiine….getting my singing career off to a great start.
50. I should totally work from home all the time. Praying for a blizzard/inclement weather ASAP.
Ha! Good stuff. I’m currently doing this as we speak, and while working from home has its perks, it definitely makes you suuuuuuuper unproductive. Being home in comfy clothes and surrounded by things you love (couch. bed. TV. Netflix. food.) makes work REALLY hard to do.