As you venture into ‘old age,’ there is no reason that you have to feel like it. I mean, it’s not like anyone actually feels different on their birthday anyway. As a twenty-something, you sometimes may forget that you are not old… And after graduating college, it’s hard not to feel like that. You just entered a new realm of life… the working world. And you’re apparently going to have to be in this new world forever.
For the past 21/22 years, you have been a student… and now that you aren’t (except for grad students – and props to you guys for trying to avoid the real world), you feel OLD. But just because you aren’t hitting the books an hour before a big exam, blacking out on wednesdays, and sleeping through class anymore, it doesn’t mean you are old. Thirty somethings would kill to be you – not to mention the forty somethings who would kill to be them. Here are some ways to still feel like you’re young:
1. Only eat the Spongebob kind of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese – and eat it on a semi-regular basis.
2. Laugh at the concept of marriage. Haha.
3. New Disney movie comes out? Go see it.
Shop at Limited Too… Shop at Abercrombie and Fitch… Shop at Forever 21 and in the Juniors section at Nordstrom. Shopping with 13 year olds is a great ego boost.
5. Go out during the week.
6. Cover your bed with stuffed animals and pillows.
7. Ask your parents for money.
8. Live within walking distance of your friends (#socollege) or live at home with your parents (so… elementary school).
9. DO NOT – and I repeat – DO NOT pay your own phone bill. Stay on the family plan as long as you can!
10. Take shots. There is no other way to feel like you are still in college than to take shots… multiple shots… of really cheap vodka.
11. Keep playing your favorite sport, or if you can’t find a team to play on – coach.
Watch the Disney Channel (no, that will actually make you feel old) … Watch the twenty something episode of Sex and the City (or any episode of SATC) and/or Up All Night on NBC (haha, sorry you’re married with a kid and wish you were still in your twenties).
13. Keep going back to school. A job? What’s that?
14. Listen to music you listened to in high school (Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, etc) AND/OR listen to music 12 year olds listen to now (Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, umm?)
15. Do not take life seriously. Job interview at 11? Get there at 11:05. Credit card payment due on Tuesday? Pay it on Wednesday. Hungover? Keep drinking. (this isn’t serious – but I hope you get the point)
What do you do to feel young? Share your practices with us… please!