In honor of National Women’s Month, we’ve put together a few of the best GIRL POWER songs by some of the fiercest female artists around. Grab your girls, a few bottles of wine, and celebrate being a strong twentysomething female in this big, bad, beautiful world.
1. Run the World (Girls)—Beyonce
Who runs the world? GIRLS!
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends.
I don’t want no scrubs.
I’m like the ringleader, I call the shots.
5. Beautiful—Christina Aguilera
Word can’t bring me down.
I’m a survivor, I’m not gonna give up.
7. Cheetah Sisters—The Cheetah Girls
We make each other strong that ain’t ever gonna change.
8. Girls Just Want To Have Fun—Cyndi Lauper
I want to be the one to walk in the sun, oh girls just want to have fun.
9. Man! I Feel Like A Woman—Shania Twain
The best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun.
10. I Will Survive—Gloria Gaynor
I’ve got all my life to live, I’ve got all my love to give.
11. Fighter—Christina Aguilera
Thanks for making me a fighter.
12. Hit Me With Your Best Shot—Pat Benatar
Knock me down, it’s all in vain, I’ll get right back on my feet again.
You don’t have to change a single thing.
14. Hollaback Girl—Gwen Stefani
That’s right, I’m the last one standing.
15. We’re Never Getting Back Together—Taylor Swift
A diva is a female version of a hustla.
17. Independent Women—Destiny’s Child
I depend on me.
You shoot me down, but I won’t fall.
Now you’re gonna learn what it really feels like to miss me.
This time baby, I’ll be bulletproof.
21. Can’t Hold Us Down—Christina Aguilera
Never can, never will, can’t hold us down.
I am woman, hear me roar.
Even when I’m a mess, I still put an S on my chest, I’m superwoman.
I took a vow that from now on I’m gonna be my own best friend.
All I’m asking, is for a little respect.